AFRICA MOTO TOUR TERMS & CONDITIONS
In order to ensure peace of mind with Africa Motor Tour (AMT), but more importantly, for you as our valued customer, we need to stipulate terms and conditions.
The terms and conditions are applicable on all tours offered by, or booked with AMT.
Accepting these terms and conditions also means that you agree that any legal disputes will only, explicitly and exclusively fall under the jurisdiction of the South African court of law. The customer must comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and other regulations of the country you visit.
LICENSE AND TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
- All riders must be in possession of a valid motorcycle driving license.
- If your license is not in English you need to bring an International Drivers License.
- Licenses are to be produced prior to the handover of the motorcycle.
- All riders must be at least 25 years of age.
- Contact us if special arrangements need to be made for younger riders.
- All riders must produce a valid credit card prior to receiving their motorcycle. The insurance excess amount of the motorcycle will be reserved on the credit card. At the end of the tour, the reservation will be lifted, unless damages occurred. In such a case the rider will be notified and the damages will be subtracted from the credit card.
- The customer is responsible for all legal documents, i.e. Passport, required Visas and Health Certificates for all the countries visited during the tour.
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION FEES
- Upon booking, you will receive an invoice. Booking confirmation will only be made on receipt of the deposit.
- A deposit of 50% is required to confirm your booking.
- The balance of the invoice amount must reflect in our bank account 14 days prior to the departure date of the tour, otherwise AMT reserves the right to cancel your booking and the applicable cancellation fees will be applied.
- All bank transfer fees are for your account. When you do the transfer, make sure to indicate this clearly to your bank.
- If you cancel your booking the following fees apply based on African standard time:
- Up to 30 days prior to departure: 25% of the tour costs (50% of your deposit)
- 29 to 21 days prior to departure: 50% of the tour costs
- 21 to 14 days prior to departure: 75% of the tour costs
- 14 to 0 days prior to the departure: 100% of the tour costs
- All reservations, amendments and cancellations will only be accepted in writing, via email.
- Your booking will only be guaranteed upon written confirmation of receipt of the deposit by AMT.
- AMT reserves the right to cancel the tour up to 7 days prior to departure, if a minimum of 3 participants have not booked by that time.
- Before we cancel any tour, we will firstly offer the tour at an additional cost, depending on the number of participants. If all customers don’t agree to one of these options, AMT will refund the payment made in full.
- AMT will not be liable for any other costs, i.e. flight tickets, travel documents, vaccinations or other bookings made.
- Please take out travel insurance covering motorcycle travel, lost or theft of baggage and a good cancellation policy!. We will require proof of medical insurance cover prior to our departure.
AMT shall not be held accountable nor responsible for any accidents, illnesses, deaths, thefts or any other damage to your person or personal effects which occur during the tour, even if this leads to shortening your tour and/or extra costs for you.
Any unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to war, illnesses, quarantine, weather, riots and other unforeseen reasons beyond the control of AMT and the consequences are for your own account.
AMT shall not be held liable in any way for any of these possible occurrences or any consequences, which may arise as a result of these.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you waive all rights to persecute us, either under South African or any other International Law.